The architecture business of the Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect was contracted for a 2018 project on the Trump Building in New York City, according to unearthed records.
Rex Heuermann, 59, was arrested last week and charged with the murders of Amber Costello, Megan Waterman and Melissa Barthelemy, who disappeared between 2007 and 2010 before their bodies were found dumped on Gilgo Beach.
The suspect lived in Massapequa Park, Long Island, with his wife and two adult children and ran the architectural firm RH Consultants & Associatess in Midtown Manhattan.
Now, New York City Department of Buildings records obtained by a real estate publication the royal deal have revealed that Mr. Heuermann’s firm was hired in 2018 by a third party for plumbing work at the Trump Building at 40 Wall Street.
The cost of the work, which was completed in 2018, was approximately $200,000.
A Trump Organization spokesperson told the publication that the now-suspected serial killer was never hired to work at the company.
“Mr. Heuermann has never worked for the Trump Organization in any capacity,” the spokesperson said.
“According to our records, he was hired by an outside tenant, who he vacated years ago, to do minor architectural work in his individual space.”
It’s unclear if Heuermann ever visited the Trump Organization building as part of the work his company was hired to do. It is also unclear whether the work was carried out personally by Mr. Heuermann or by other company employees.
There is no indication that Trump was involved in the job or knew that Heuermann had been hired.
At the time, he had already handed over the management of the Trump Organization to his sons Eric and Don Jr, after he was elected president.
the independent has reached out to the Trump Organization for comment.
Heuermann founded the architecture business in 1994 and served as its president until his arrest. His adult daughter also works for the firm.
According to the company’s website, Mr. Heuermann’s company has worked with entities including Catholic Charities, NYC-DEP Sewerage Treatment and American Airlines and other major tenants at JFK International Airport during the nearly three decades it has been in business.
A company page called Meet The Team and featuring his photo was taken down Friday morning when news of his arrest broke.
Heuermann was arrested Thursday night as he was leaving his office in Midtown Manhattan.
He was charged with three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of Waterman, Barthelemy and Costello.
He is also the prime suspect in the murder of Maureen Brainard-Barnes, who along with the three is known as the “Gilgo Beach Four” and was last seen alive in early June 2007 in New York City.
The four women were found less than a quarter mile from each other, bound with belts or duct tape and some wrapped in burlap.
He pleaded not guilty to the charges when he appeared in court on July 14 and was ordered held without bail.
Court records show that Mr. Heuermann was linked to the murders through a pimp’s tip about his van, a stash of disposable phones, “sadistic” online searches, phone calls taunting the victims’ families, his wife’s hair found on the victims’ bodies, and a pizza crust.
The first piece of the puzzle came when a witness in the Amber Costello case revealed details about a vehicle a client was driving when she was last seen alive.
Costello, who worked as a sex worker, was seen alive on the night of September 2, 2010 as she was leaving her home in West Babylon. A witness said that she had gone to meet a client who was driving a first-generation Chevrolet Avalanche.
Last year, a registry search showed that the local man, Mr. Heuermann, owned a first-generation model of the truck at the time of Costello’s disappearance. It also matched the witness’s description of the man believed to be the killer: a large, white, “ogre”-like man in his early 40s, around 6’4′ to 6’6″ tall, with ” thick dark hair” and “large oval 1970s-style glasses.
The discovery of the car led investigators to focus on Mr. Heuermann, including the execution of 300 subpoenas, search warrants and other legal processes to obtain evidence to determine his possible involvement in the murders.
Among this was Heuermann’s alleged use of disposable phones, with prosecutors saying he used disposable phones to contact the three women and set up an appointment with them at the time they disappeared.
He also allegedly took two of the victims’ cell phones and used one to make taunting phone calls to one of their families bragging about their murder, according to court documents.
Heuermann’s DNA was found on one of the victims, while his wife’s hair was found on three of the four women he is connected to.
Prosecutors said evidence shows his wife Asa Ellerup was out of town on each of the times her husband allegedly hit.
On Wednesday, Ms Ellerup filed for divorce from her alleged murderer husband.
Online court records show that Asa Ellerup, the accused serial killer’s wife of two decades and mother of his children, filed a matrimonial suit in Suffolk County Supreme Court on Wednesday.
The presentation – titled Asa Ellerup vs. Rex Heuermann – establishes that the divorce is “uncontested”.
The case records include a complaint, a summons and a “notice regarding continued health care coverage,” all filed Wednesday, though the contents have not been made public.
Ms Ellerup is said to have been “shocked” and “disgusted” when she learned that her husband had been arrested and charged with three of the unsolved murders.
Ms Ellerup’s lawyer, Bob Macedonio, told Fox News Digital outside the Suffolk County Jail that she had filed for divorce after her life was “turned upside down” by her husband’s alleged actions.
“This whole thing is still a whirlwind,” he said. “His life and that of his children have completely changed.”
The gruesome case of the serial killer has gripped the nation’s attention for more than a decade.
The Gilgo Beach murders had long puzzled law enforcement officials in Suffolk County, who believed it could be the work of one or more serial killers who targeted sex workers and dumped their bodies along the remote beaches of Ocean Parkway.
The case began in May 2010 when Shannan Gilbert disappeared after walking from a client’s home near Gilgo Beach.
She called 911 for help saying she feared for her life and was never seen alive again.
During a search for Gilbert in a dense thicket near the beach, police discovered the remains of another woman.
Within days, the remains of three other victims were found nearby.
By spring 2011, the remains of a total of 10 victims had been found, including eight women, one man, and a young child. Police have long thought that it could be the work of one or more serial killers.
Gilbert’s body was then found in December 2011. Her cause of death is widely disputed, and authorities have long claimed that she is not related to the serial killer or killers, but rather accidentally drowned while fleeing the client’s home.
However, an independent autopsy commissioned by her family ruled that she died of strangulation and her mother believes she was murdered.
Like Gilbert, most of the victims targeted were sex workers, while some have yet to be identified.